Thursday, July 23, 2009







I hate to admit it, but I really am kind of in love with Las Vegas. And I don't think it's just the weather and my love of lounging by a pool. I think I am genuinely attracted to the complete and utter cheese and tackiness of it all. And going along with this embarrassing theme, a huge part of me absolutely adores Nomi Malone AKA Elizabeth Berkley in Showgirls. I should really hate Showgirls. I should really be disgusted by it. I see and understand that the movie is a horrible, exploitative piece of shit but I just love it. It's hilarious and lets be honest, Nomi has some style. Look at those nails! The shorts! I am not at all about the whole 1990's resurgence fashion has seen lately but I really have a weakness for the tiny cut-offs, bra exposing top and boots combo that Nomi wears throughout the movie. It's really too bad that I look about 12 and I will probably always be more "little girl sexy" rather than cut off shorts and fake nails sexy. And I'm fine with that and wouldn't have it any other way. I suppose I will just continue not so secretly loving and admiring it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anika!!!

    I just stumbled across your blog! How've you been!?!?!? It feels like forever! I'm gonna do some catching up on your blog :-) ehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yana! How are things?? I should really update this thing more often hahah

    ReplyDelete